An important message regarding our Covid policy from The Great Professor Curly
Hello rambunctious ones! We cannot wait to welcome you into the wild gardens of Scorrier once more.
Your safety is our number one priority and as such we are going to do our best to ensure that the great estate is as safe as it can possibly be for everyone attending, so will be following the advice of the local health and safety authorities.
We will be asking you wonderful lot to acquire a negative Covid test before entering the festival so that we can all feel safe, let our hair down, dance in the woodlands and have a wonderful time just like the good old days.
There are several ways you can do this:
The current government guidance is that everyone should take a lateral flow test twice a week. We ask that all ticket holders take a test within 48hrs of attending the festival.
We also ask that each attendee 18 or over confirms their COVID status by doing one of the following and bringing this to the box office on arrival.
We believe the NHS pass is the easiest and simplest way to do this – It is free and easy to do, BUT if you do not want to download the app, we have other options in place. The main thing is that we just want everyone to show that they are Covid free on arrival to the event.
• Obtain an NHS COVID Pass via the NHS App. Passes can be obtained if one of the three conditions below is met:
• A double vaccine dose has been given
• A negative PCR or Lateral Flow Test has been taken in the last 48hrs
• A positive PCR test has been taken within the last 6 months, but you have finished isolating (confirmation of natural immunity)
Children under 18 do not need to take a test.
If you are unable to obtain a COVID Pass through the NHS App, you may substitute this with a screenshot or print-out of your negative Lateral Flow Test registration.
You must NOT attend the festival if:
• You are displaying COVID 19 symptoms (New continuous cough, fever, loss of sense of taste or smell)
• You have experienced these symptoms in the last 10 days
• You have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID 19 in the last 10 days
• You have been traced or “pinged” by Test and Trace or the NHS COVID App.
• You have received a positive COVID test result (either PCR or Lateral Flow) in the last 10 days.
If you have any questions or queries, please do contact the team using our contact form: https://www.greatestatefestival.co.uk/contact-us/
In line with current UK Government guidelines, it is not mandatory to wear a mask or face covering. There are some circumstances in which you would still be required to wear a mask, for example if you attend the medical tent. For this reason you should bring one along and keep it with you just in case.
Wearing a mask is one way that we can help stop the spread of COVID-19. If you feel comfortable it is a good idea to wear one in situations where you are in close proximity to other people, for example when standing in a large crowd or queuing for entry.
Many people will still feel more comfortable wearing masks and this should be welcomed and respected.